Monday, March 26, 2012

More rain for today.

Weekend was nice. Visited with friends.
My rides were a bit cold as i elected to cover my head.
I managed to overcome the ten minute suffrage and ride with no mittens.


Went the route which tools me where I grew up.
Erasing any chance of crossing HWY 100 has left the neighborhood abandon with motor traffic how nice.


There always was 1980s a pedestrian bridge crossing (even with the stop light at 39th street)..

So its a familiarly odd route. As I have fond memories of the old pedestrian bridge and now new.
The older one was wooden deck nasty and bumpy. It was bicycle friendly though even though I walked it up the hill many times. (tight corners).

The new one is fantastics of course got everything right.


I also remember riding in a van as a passenger many times. across this intersection now gone.
Even was involved with a stop sign runner who ran into us. This was couple blocks down from the bridge.
Pushed his car with a tone onto the lawn.

Van was fine car was not.

One intersection and the changes years make.