Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wed, Mar 18, 2009 - 23.00 mi [Cycling]

Wed, Mar 18, 2009 - 23.00 mi [Cycling]
23.00 mi on windsor tourist. [Cycling] Lots of cyclists out and about. Most riding in the street. Even saw two cyclist on Central. Left turns on Central are horrible with the timing of the light.
Posted from My Cycling Log


So I filled out my paperwork and will have a different and much smaller route to my job site on Thursday. Nice and hot 88 degrees. I wore dockers and long sleeved shirt. The transit police were on call at a station not sure why. Because I rode my bike I didn't have to pay for parking, nor did I have to pay for gas. The entire trip was almost free I decided to buy a 99 cent pop. Were an old man was ranting to a young man who bought ciggs and then complained at the price. I chimed in "Fight the system".
Traffic was great they are installing sidewalks ADA access along oak and 32nd street they had cones to divert traffic which allowed me to take the lane through the intersection. A police man was on seen for the construction crew. I saw some kids writing on the sidewalk and something took a nasty poop on the pedestrian bridge.
I only had one JAM revving his engine at me while at a red light of an intersection. Even though I signaled the sensor for the light, so he only had to wait a few seconds. However left turning from cross traffic clogged my lane and I happily sat there and waited for that to clear.
Lots of waving and interaction with cyclist and pedestrains.
At 64th street I pushed the button to walk and I helped a cyclist get across with a green. A black older lady was crossing the street not in a crosswalk and I stated "No need to run." She smiled and we both wished each other a happy day. One other point at a school zone I allowed a pedestrian to cross with a child.