The transit takes care of the longer distances, and the bike takes care of the unwalkable mess we are left with, after there is no practical bus service.Unless you just want a nice bike ride and can't cycle the entire distance. As seen here, I make the 12.5 mile journey only 4 miles.
bicycles and UTA
BIKES ON BUS AND RAILEvery UTA bus is equipped with a bicycle rack and bicycles are allowed on the TRAX and FrontRunner trains. Employees can bicycle to the bus stop, TRAX and FrontRunner stations, or Park & Ride and combine the benefits of cycling with the convenience of transit.
PDF to all the rules with what modes of transit.
Bicycle commuting is good business for you and your health. It reduces the number of automobile trips to and from work while promoting clean air, easing congestion and creating more livable communities.
Creating a "Friendly Facility" is a step towards encouraging your fellow employees to commute by bicycle. Your facility could include showers, lockers, covered-secure bike parking, and safety information.
LOOKING FOR A "BIKE BUDDY"Create a profile and input your starting point and daily commute destination on our ridematching website www.UTACommuter.com you can be matched with a "Bike Buddy" to make your bicycle commute safer and more enjoyable. If a match is not made, keep your profile active so others may find you!
Bike LockersWant to keep your bike clean, dry, and secure while you’re at work? You can now rent a bicycle storage locker at most UTA TRAX and FrontRunner stations. These lockers are in addition to the free bike racks for even more bike parking. Bicycle lockers can be rented with a one-time refundable key deposit of $30 and an annual rental fee of $70. Lockers are available on a first come first serve basis. To reserve a bicycle locker or for more information, please contact Curtis Clayton at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-287-2132.
Bike transit Center
Monday - Friday | 7am - 6pm | 801-359-0814 | 250 South 600 West (inside Intermodal Hub building)
- Fully secured, temperature controlled year round bike storage facility.
- In house full service repair facility with BTC member discounts.
- Shower facility available for BTC members during BTC hours (7am-6pm).
- Comprehensive line of bike rentals to accomodate friends, clients, businesses, and tourists.
- Complete line of cycling accessories, specializing in commuter specific products.
- Evening classes available for all DIY bike mechanics.
- Scheduled community rides through Salt Lake City and the surrounding area.